It is tempting to talk all day on how to avoid drama. The fact is even though you may attempt everything you can to avoid it, drama will find you....one way or another.
Here are some tips on how to 'reduce' (hopefully avoid) being part of drama:
1. Do not tell anyone whether you 'like' someone or not. If word gets out, it may become trouble for you. People tend to tell others what you tell them even if they promised they wouldn't and some may even change your words around.
2. Watch what you wear. It is sad that most people judge on appearance, but that is just the way it is. Try to avoid too much make-up, avoid skirts that are too short, shirts that are too thin or too revealing and clothes that are too tight. Stay classy and have respect for yourself when you respect your self others will too!
3. Tell the truth. If you get caught telling any number of lies, then you will be labeled a liar and no one will trust you. Be honest to yourself and others.
4. Remain PURE !!!! Save yourself for the special person that you would want to be with for the rest of your life, and don't settle for someone who is second best or that doesn't make you happy; it doesn't matter what other people think. No matter how hard you try, you will not find a prom dress to match your diaper bag. Other students may look at you a little strange if you announce that you are proud to be a Virgin, but deep inside they are jealous that you have the Strength, Courage and Confidence to not only remain Pure, but to announce it proudly.
5. I don't want to sound mean...but keep your mouth shut. Don't talk badly about people behind their back, because that just leads to more drama. Luke 6:31 "Do unto others as you would have done unto you".
6. Smile....it's contagious.
7. Go to the source. If someone has been talking badly about you, then (if safe) approach them. Be calm about the situation. If you get to the root, usually the problem will stop. Sometimes if you just say "I am sorry you feel that way" or "I wish next time before you say something could you come to me first about it so we can discuss it. " Say it with a smile ,then walk away. It gives you the upper hand; never lower yourself to their level, and be the better person.
8. Be nice.
9. Be mature. Don't get involved. If and when someone decides to insult you, the best thing you can do is smile. Just smile and change the subject. Let them know that you refuse to be part of the drama.
10. Watch out for Digital Drama. Watch what you say on Facebook, Twitter and blogs...that is where alot of drama gets heated up. What you put on the internet can reach thousands of people within seconds.
11. Vent only to someone that you really trust. A lifelong best-friend, your parent or even your family pet.
12. Remain confident...but not snobby. Hold yourself to a higher standard and have respect for yourself and everyone else. People will know the rumors are false because they will know who you truly are and what you would and would not do.