Having good positive self-esteem is so important !! Our level of our self esteem determines how we operate in life - how we interact with others, friends, teachers which will utilmately reflect in our grades. It also determines our goals, achievements and our overall happiness in life. People with high levels of self-esteem tipically choose healthy relationships and they recognize the value of relationships. They treat others with respect and fairness. They as well as have a good attitude on life overall. They also tend to be more ambitious in what they want out of life as they overcome their fears in order to fulfill themselves to the fullest.
Some steps on improving your Self-Esteem: (no particular order)
1. Hygiene- It's amazing how much better you feel, and smell, after a shower to get clean.
2. Dress Nicely- Take the time to iron your shirt. Dress for success!
3. Think Positive- Even if you have to tell yourself in the mirror several times a day "You are beautiful", think it, believe it, know it...YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL on the inside as well as the outside.
4. Wipe Away Negativity- If you are in the middle of a test, and you start saying to yourself "this is too hard" then it will be hard. If someone tells you "I don't like what you have on" you might believe it. Instead have the Courage to stand up, let them know how you fell and get rid of, or ignore, negativity. It may be hard but you can do it.
5. Succeed- To succeed you must know your enemy. If you are always thinking sad thoughts or thinking negatively, then the enemy is yourself. Write your thoughts down in a journal, then anaylize them to try to understand why you are so negative. Act in a positive way, take action instead of telling yourself you can’t answer with a "I can".
7. Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Be kind to others, it will warm their heart as well as yours. It does wonders for your self-confidence, believe me.
8. Stand tall - Having good posture helps not only with your own self-confidence, but others will see that you carry yourself in a confident manner.
9. Focus - If you focus on the problem, verses the solution, it goes back to negative thinking. Example: "I'm so tired" what's the solution "Get more sleep". Think positive and you will get your solution. Staying focused will also help with your school work.
10. Volunteer - No matter how bad you may think you have it: (Boyfriend just broke up with you, you have no clean clothes, you just failed your final exam, drama, etc) Someone always has it worse. Volunteer !! It will be some of the best time you spend plus it is an instant "Self Esteem Booster".
11. Exercise - Feeling good about yourself by having a healthy diet along with exercise is a great boost to your self-esteem.
12. Knowledge is Power - enough said :)